April 11, 2011

11 month Mollie

11 months old is so very close to being one year old. Where has our baby gone?! Mollie is growing (she weighs 19 lb 8 oz) and changing and learning more everyday. She's at a really fun age. She wants to know about everything, and is great at getting into stuff. One of her favorite pastimes is unloading my kitchen cabinets. She can find the smallest speck of something on the floor or rug, and I have to get it quick or it's going in the mouth. Along with most everything else. Here is yogurt going in. I love how big and wide she opens up now...stark contrast to a few months back where she wouldn't eat even a bite of anything without a major battle!
Love my sweet baby girl. Mollie is such a little snuggle-bug. Almost every time I hold her, she will lay her head down on my shoulder at least once. Melts my heart every time it happens.
Wish the camera could capture the sound of this laugh. Pure delight.
One of Mollie's favorite tricks is clapping her hands. She gets too excited sometimes, rocking and clapping that she almost topples over backwards!
Getting in her walking practice with Kate. Kate is on a mission to have Mollie walking.
We'll see if all the practice helps her out.
Waving to Hudson as he zooms past on his scooter. We don't let Mollie play out on the front porch, for a variety of reasons. Foremost, I'm sure she'd get run over or at least bumped into by her crazy brothers. Secondly, the whole porch has a lovely yellow layer over everything, thanks to the pine pollen. And last, but certainly not least, the memory of our lead scare with Hudson last year is still too fresh in my mind and I'd rather not have Mollie crawling around on some peeling paint out there. Not to mention it's dirty. All that to say, she hangs in the doorway and watches them sometimes. And it's too cute.
You know it's been a busy day when you pass out at the dinner table!
Mollie loves her brothers and sister. It's really cute to see how she's starting to respond to them, and initiate contact with each of them. I love to watch her and Kate together. They have a really special relationship growing. Kate prayed for a sister for almost 5 years, and at least once a week will tell me that she's so thankful God gave her a baby sister.  It's fun watching the girls play together. Kate talks to her non-stop, and Mollie "talks" back (she really sounds like a dolphin these days). One of her favorites is a Sesame Street pop-up toy that Kate played with at the same age.
I love that we have another girl in the house. One whom I sometimes think my older daughter thinks is a living doll for her to dress up.
But I have to say that I love the fact that I can stick a huge flower in her hair!!
Cruisin'
Pit stop. Mollie came in while I was unloading from the grocery store. I turned to get something out of the bag, and she immediately climbed right on up into the fridge : )
Kate is such a big help around here. One way she loves to help is with feeding Mollie her bottle. I guess we'll be transitioning to a cup
here before too long, so we're enjoying these moments while they last.
The days of this sweet smile are also numbered, as Mollie's top teeth are ready to cut through any day now.
And if you look closely, you can see traces of her roseola virus rash (she had it recently).
Next update on Miss Mollie will be her 1st birthday?!?! Goodness.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh this post was a good one, friend. that sweet girl...SO precious!
i love the ones of her and kate (choke me up), and the one of her in the fridge! ha!

TEAM JENKINS said...

precious - i think she's looking more like carter for some reason ... :)